Sunday, October 19, 2008

too lazy to think of a title for this


Midterms are over, and so is the first half of my core semester at Sloan. I've got a week off from classes, so I have to figure out what to do with myself now that I have no cases to read or problem sets to do.

The weather has been beautiful here, so I've been learning how to play tennis. Unfortunately, not sure how much longer it will stay warm enough to play, but in two sessions I've improved my hit ratio from 5% to 50%! Now I just have to work at getting the ball across the net. Of course, I owe all of this improvement to Rosette, a classmate who has been super patient with me and has had to spend a lot of time waiting while I chase after the balls that I miss or hit out of the court (narrowly missing a few car windows) ...

Speaking of court, I finally had my case at small claims court. The moving company didn't show up, so I won by default! Not sure that I will actually see any money from them, but at least its a good start. Court was a lot different than I had pictured. It was basically a bunch of people in a big room, the magistrate read off a list of cases to see who was there, and when they read off my case and the defendant didn't respond, that was it. Of course, I didn't realize that was it and sat around for an hour wondering what was going to happen next before I thought to go and ask if there was anything else I needed to do. They went through a ton of cases that afternoon, and almost all of them were filed by collection agencies. Hopefully that won't happen to me with my school loans :)

I'm having a little difficulty forming sentences this morning, so will keep this short. Have been out celebrating midterms being over and had a couple of late nights. But I did remember to bring along my camera this time, so here's a link to some pictures.

No comments: