Monday, October 6, 2008

Pinback

Last night I went to see one of my favorite bands - Pinback. They played at the Paradise Rock Club, which is a venue in the BU area. The setup is great - there are a couple of levels and the room is fairly narrow, so everybody gets a decent view of the band. For this show, I was right up front. The lead singer seemed a little buzzed -- he drank at least a six pack during the one hour set, and just used his water bottle to crack open his next Newcastle, but that didn't impact their performance. They are one of the few bands that I think sound at least as good live as they do on their records. Check out their website.

Also, my mom came in town over the weekend, and I took her all over Boston in a short 24 hour period. Lots of walking. But I think she had a good time, and even admitted she liked it better than Austin :)

Midterms are coming up next week, so I think next weekend will be a little more studying and a lot less fun ....

No comments: