
As I started to create this post, I realized, I'm about to link to a bunch more pictures of me out partying with friends, and that really isn't the majority of my time here. But its kind of hard to take pictures of books and studying. So here's a picture of my makeshift desk and my roommate in our normal studying position ...
Really though, workload has increased a lot over the past week, and I'm not able to get ahead of work as much as I would like. But luckily I did well on mid-terms (all a's! well, with the curve), so managing ok. Just lots of presentations and homeworks to prepare for the week.
Outside of school I am working on a couple other opportunities -- I'm starting to create a marketing plan for the class that I am TA'ing next semester (there were only 4 students last year, so it needs a bit of advertising), I spoke with an independent consultant about helping him with one of his projects, and I caught up with a professor that I have been working with to help him find funding for a new clinical trial. He's up to some cool stuff:
http://www.karplab.net/.

This weekend did have its share of parties though, of course, being Halloween. On Friday, we had a little pre-party at our apartment, then went to 141 Charles. 141 Charles is a legendary place at Sloan -- it is an apartment (set of 3 apartments actually) passed down from year to year to different Sloanies, so when they have a party there, they have 3 floors and a roofdeck. I didn't have a costume, but managed to get in anyway, and it was a lot of fun.
Check out my picks here.

Last night I planned a birthday get together for my roommate. We went to Hennessy's in Faneuil Hall. The place was pretty nice -- there were 2 floors with a cover band on each, and we sat in the back upstairs where it wasn't too crowded and there were lots of comfy leather couches. Also, I invited along a friend that I haven't seen since high school, so it was really fun to catch up (and to have another non-Sloanie friend in Boston). Afterwards, got some pizza at a place near my apartment and managed to trip and fall on my face. Unfortunately, that wasn't because of any alcohol, just my clumsy nature :)
Here are my pictures from last night.
Today has been a busy day of trying to catch up on school work and doing laundry, but headed out in a bit to go to trivia, then back to preparing for another busy week at b-school ...
No comments:
Post a Comment