Sunday, September 28, 2008

Homework Break

So... I haven't been taking many pictures, so I guess I have to actually write something this time ...

School has been going pretty well. My core team is great -- we have people from Nigeria, Japan, Mexico, and Israel. And then there's John & I, who are both from the same apartment. Luckily, John and I are stronger at opposite subjects, so studying and homework time are pretty productive. Just two more weeks until midterms, then we have a week reserved for special seminars (kind of like a fall break). I'm really looking forward to a week with no required reading or homework. The semester is going by so quickly though, and there is so much to do, just trying to make the most of my time here before it flies by.

Outside of classes, things have been pretty busy. My roommate and I are working with a professor on a research project, and I'm going to be a TA for a healthcare IT class next semester. I've also joined the Biomedical Business Club, Sloan Women in Management Club, Management Consulting Club, and, of course, the Texas Club (that one didn't require any dues!).

I've also met a lot of really great people here. Every Wednesday night, a group of Sloanies get together at Beacon Hill Pub, which is a bar just a couple of blocks from where I live. Its a good chance to take a break from homework and meet some other people in our class and the class of 2009. Also, many Thursdays different organizations in the school organize C-functions. Two weeks ago, the Japanese club put on the C-function, and provided Sushi, Kiran beer, and a lot of authentic music and dancing. This past week it was just at a bar off-campus, not quite as interesting (nor free).

Anyway, time to get back to my loads of homework due this week. We have assignments in nearly every subject, plus reading, plus I'm giving a presentation this week, so lots to do ...

Check out pictures from the Japanese C-Function at jwmarcus's website.

No comments: